Friday, April 12, 2013

Keel work Starboard side:  The keel plug needs to separate along the center line for casting purposes so I have now switched from a 1/2" back board to a 1/4" requiring extra strips to stiffen it overall. The profiles were glued in place and foam added to fill the voids. It is a bit of an experiment and I hope one layer of 6 oz. glass fiber will suffice in the end to make a cast worthy plug. The can foam works quite well but is softer than the 2 part polystyrene pour foam. I use both at this point. I am scratching my head as to why I bought expensive Marine epoxy for this job but next in line (to build experience) is the rudder and that will use it appropriately. This work is getting ahead of itself. I am not sure what the casting house in California will charge but I am hoping for the best. If it falls through I know this thing will look great on top of my Honda Civic. Back to taxes, run silent, run deep.







No comments: