Sunday, November 8, 2015

Decided to use Loctite pro line marine sealant (thanks Mac) and adhesive between tank and cover as well as around perimeter.  This required less than one tube.  Also I skipped on screws around the perimeter.  Fearing this product was as mighty as 3M's 5200 I was relieved that after curing quite fast I could remove it with some work fairly easily.  Opening and servicing these spaces apart from the access ports will not be pleasant but hopefully that will happen in a distant time.

All panels are installed and the shroud bases complete. I installed the seat stringers and edges.  3 mm cold molding strips are ready to start the two layers for the mid deck.  Fitted the tiller thrust bearing block so it is removable.

I like the flying Genoa system here:  https://flyingfifteen.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/free-floating-genoa-barbers/  but the cockpit design in trying to adhere to the rules is a bit aggressive on the inner edge of the side decks.  Most boats show a bevel but I came at it with a sharp edge.  If I can layout lines without rubbing the edge I will try it otherwise I need to add a track attachment point along the stringers before the skin goes on.

When the for, aft and mid deck skins are on the main structural is finished.  Trying not to think about the thousand other steps other than the big picture:  Console, floor, bow, keel and step, splash...mast/sails kit.








No comments: