Monday, April 11, 2016

Having trouble with the strips along the shear edge.  I bought African Mahogany but it is a much more dense piece of wood and tough,  Maybe it was sapele but not sure.  Anyway I went ahead and worked it up trying to keep it wide at the cockpit deck but thin vertically.  It had to be steamed and bent which helped considerably, 5" out of line to 1.5".  The ends were too straight requiring excessive pressure to hold so I cut them off and refit to follow the shear as best possible.  It is workable now but I have to mount 6 pieces on each side from stem to transom.  Mounting will be silicon-bronze screws and nails, and epoxy. lets go, lets go, lets go!!!!!

No comments: