Saturday, August 15, 2015

The rudder stock bore was enlarged but the angle is really screwed up.  I should have taken the angle wrt the keelson by setting up rudder along side.  I used 81 degree from the cad drawing and...I will plug the upper hole and reset.  I thought I read in the rules that the aft edge of the rudder is to be parallel to the transom but I do not see it any where.  Any body know about this rule?  Anyhow the barb fitting and rubber tube link work fine.  

Avoiding that headache lets move to the mast gate and structure.  After re-positioning / leveling the center section it was fastened in place with hot glue and left over battens.  Alignment has worked out well and the tail is finally in my teeth.  The first support is being fitted with a pattern.  Four of these will extend to the gate attaching just outside of the fore and aft mast position centers.








No comments: